I must admit I am addicted to Doterra Essential Oils. I use them in almost every room in my house and it uplifts and creates an environment that I totally feel at ease. No longer do I burn incense or scented candles. Diffusing essential oils are the truth! That is what led me to be a wellness advocate for the company.
Recently I performed a house clearing ceremony as part of a Feng Shui reading I was doing for a client. We traced the 9 stars and read affirmations for each area of the Bagua. This is always cleansing for me when I work with clients. This particular time, was the first time I cleansed each Bagua area with one of my Doterra Essential oils – Peppermint with distilled water. It not only cleansed the space, but uplifted the overall energy in the space.
Feng Shui is the knowledge that shows how you can balance the energies of space so as to bring out the life and energy of space. It is an ancient art and science that was developed by the Chinese 3,000 years ago. You can Feng Shui a place by use of essential oils which are the type of oils that have been extracted from plants purely because of their essence. They can be derived from the bark such as the cinnamon bark, from flowers such as roses, jasmine, from leaves such as peppermint or even from the tree sap such as myrrh and frankincense.
There are several grades of essential oils, and the most pure and high-quality one is the therapeutic grade one. Most people will use essential oils rather than fragrant oils because they are much different, and they contain healing properties. The type of essential oil you need to use will depend on the space and even the mood that you are in. There are several essential oils that you can use to Feng Shui your space and these include:
1. Eucalyptus-It has two varieties whereby the peppermint is used to relieve fever, and the lemon-scented one is used to chase cockroaches. When it is diffused in the air, it encourages deep breathing, which oxygenates the system and clears up the head. It is good for keeping you alert and awake if you have to work late as it improves concentration.
2. Lavender- one of the commonly used essential oil because of its soothing effects. If you have stress, or you have had a major trauma, lavender calms the mind and lets the negative thoughts of your mind.
3. Chamomile- was initially used by the Egyptians for its distressing and relaxing effects. It can be blended in a room so as to ease the tension and also keep people from getting upset.
4. Ylang Ylang- if you are in a romantic mood, then this is the kind of essential oil to use as it is an aphrodisiac. It is said to have a lasting smell that is sturdy, soft and floral to create the right mood.
5. Tea tree- this has antibiotic and antiseptic properties. It is used to freshen, sanitize and deodorize the atmosphere, especially after an illness.
6. Sandalwood- it has a soft, deep woody scent that relaxes the muscles, hence used to fight depression and lift the spirits. It can also be used as an aphrodisiac.
7. Tangerine or Orange- this is a real refresher as it lifts up your spirits and gives a refreshing feeling. It rejuvenates your home and offers a healing physical and mental remedy to you.
8. Sweet Basil- add it to your Feng Shui aromatherapy so as to give that cooling effect and also can use one to overcome tension and general irritability. It has a powerful aromatic smell.
The essential oils can be used in three ways so as to bring out the Feng Shui energy in your space. You can use a diffuser, air spray or products that have essential oils such as incense and candles. Whichever you choose it gives you a great aromatherapy and cleanses your space.
Want to learn more, sign up for my newsletter for these and other tips each month here. I am also a Doterra Wellness Advocate, therefore, I can purchase your own set of essential oils you may want to use right away. Click here for more information.